Wellington Academy CoachesDirector, Carlton Palmer, enjoyed a successful career as a Premier League football player, who represented England and a number of leading Premier League teams from 1983 to 2005. Carlton joined Wellington College China with a wealth of experience in operating successful sporting academies. The football programme at the Wellington Academy is led by Carlton, who is passionate in emphasising the importance of the self-discipline needed in sport and daily life and in implanting an understanding of the meaning of the word “Team” in young people. Coach Sean Karam is Wellington Academy’s head tennis coach. Sean reached Australian number one ranking during his career. He has an exceptional record in coaching individuals and tennis teams; for example, the junior touring team for Tennis Australia and the National and Davis Cup coach for Lebanon. Sean brings his vast experience and knowledge to Wellington Academy to raise standards in school tennis. Simon Ruscoe-Price has over twenty-three years’ experience as a school leader and school development advisor. Simon has led many International English language programmes and courses. Simon is passionate about bringing his experience to Language Development across Wellington College China. His understanding of international curriculums and his ability to model best child-centred practice will create a culture which celebrates excellence and enables children to achieve success in their English language journey. Michael Larsen-Disney had a long international career as an actor, singer, dancer and director in mainstream commercial theatre. Michael is now committed to utilising his skills, knowledge and academic background to educate the next generation of pupils and performers. “I am also looking forward to the opportunity to establish a Performing Arts Academy to serve the College and the wider community. My vision is to make Wellington College China, not just an outstanding centre for Performing Arts in Shanghai, but one of the best in the world”.
Co-PartnersThe Wellington Academy programme has partnered with outside specialists ensuring we remain competitive and offer high-quality programmes. The partners we are currently working with include Hattrick, RipTide Basketball, Sports for Life, Kung Fu, Hai Arch Dance company, and Mad Science.
Registration DetailsAn extensive list of academies can be found on our website. Registrations for Wellington Academy courses can be made online at www.wellingtoncollege.cn/academy from Monday 19th March at 8:30 until Monday 9th April 2018 at 16:00 when the online registration will close. If you need assistance with registration in person, academy team representatives will be available at the Wellington College International Shanghai Campus, in the school cafeteria on Monday 19th March and Tuesday 20th March from 8:30 to 10:00 and 15:00 to 16:00. We have limited places in each activity and most programmes are regularly full, so an early registration is recommended.
- Registration for one participant per time only.
- If you have academy credits or any cancellation in pervious terms, please select ‘cash/bank transfer’ when registering online. Instead of paying online, please contact academy office via email for amount payable and make the payment by cash or bank transfer later. Please see the ‘cash/bank transfer’ part in Registration Guidance.
- There is no 10% discount for Wellington College International Shanghai and Wellington College Bilingual Shanghai child(ren) to register with multiple academies.
- You will receive a ‘Thank you’ page once registration is successful. A text and email confirmation will be sent within 5 minutes. During the peak time, the confirmation email might be delayed.
- If you would like to check the course(s) you have booked, please check your confirmation email sent from academy team.
Registration opens from 19th March 8:30am until 9th April 2018 16:00pmAny further requests, please feel free to contact by email at email@example.com or call us on 021 5185 3872.