We can proudly say that we are one of the highest achieving international schools in China. However, an outstanding education is not only about high exam scores. It is also about fostering in pupils a sense of intellectual curiosity and a lifelong passion for learning. We aim to send inspired young adults out into the world equipped with the skills and independence necessary to thrive at university and beyond.
The 2020 IB Diploma results were Wellington’s fourth consecutive set of outstanding outcomes. our 2020 leavers achieved an average score of 38.5 out of 45 points. This not only puts them well above the global average score of 29.9, it sets a new record for our school. Our class of 2020 will soon be matriculating at some of the world’s top-ranked colleges and universities. Among them: Cambridge, Brown, Georgetown, USC, Carnegie Mellon, Rice, University College of London and Imperial College of London.
- Average IB point score: 38.5
- Global average IB point score: 29.9
- Average core programme point score: 1.96
- Highest scoring pupil scored 43
- 40% of our pupils achieved 40+ points
- The most common grade for our pupils at IB is a 7
- One in five of our pupils achieved a bilingual diploma
- 3 pupils achieved 43 points
The 2020 IGCSE results were Wellington’s fifth set of excellent outcomes. 83% of all 2020 IGCSE grades were grade 9-7, with 53% of all grades being A*.
- 83% A*-A (9-7) with 53% of all grades being A*
- 5 pupils achieved 10 A*/9 grades
- 12 pupils achieved 8 or more top grades (A*/9)
- One third of all pupils achieved 10 or more A*-A (9-7)
- Two thirds of all pupils achieved 8 or more A*-A (9-7)
- In the follow subjects all grades were A* or A (9-7): Chinese First Language, Computer Science, English Second Language, French, Mandarin Foreign Language, Music and Spanish